Overview – Seychelles
Seychelles was made up of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean. It is an independent republic within the British Commonwealth, with a population of approximately 82,000 people.
Benefits of setting up a company in Seychelles: -
- Absence of foreign exchange controls
- Company can adopt Chinese names
- High privacy protection
- No tax reporting and payable in Seychelles
- Not required to prepare annual audited financial statements
|Legal System||Civil Law and English Common Law|
|Official Languages||English & French|
|Standard Registered Capital||1 million USD|
|Minimum Number of Shareholders||1|
|Minimum Number of Directors||1|
|Appointment of Company Secretary Required||Optional|
|Local Registered Agent Required||Yes|
|Local Registered Address Required||Yes|
|Disclosure of Beneficial Owners on Public File||No|
|Disclosure of Shareholders on Public File||No|
|Disclosure of Directors on Public File||No|
|Filing of Register of Director to local government||No|
|Annual General Meeting||No|
|Filing of Annual Return to government||Yes|
|Preparation of Audited Financial Statement||No|
- A company may be registered with an English name and a Chinese name if required.
Share Capital and Shareholder Requirement
- The standard authorized share capital is USD 1,000,000 and company can decide the par value per share (e.g. USD 1 per share).
- Must have at least one shareholder who may either be a natural person aged over 18 years old or a corporate body.
- There are no nationality restrictions for shareholder(s).
- Must have at least one director who may either be a natural person aged over 18 years old or a corporate body.
- A person who is an undischarged bankrupt must not act as director.
- There are no nationality restrictions for director(s).
- Appointment of Company Secretary is optional in Seychelles.
Seychelles Company Formation Procedure
Step 1: Select company name
- Propose an English and Chinese name if required; or
- Select an existing “Shelf Company” from our Seychelles Shelf Company List
Step 2 - Provide shareholder and director information
- Original / Certified copy of ID or passport of each Shareholder and Director
- Original / Certified copy of latest residential address proof of each Shareholder and Director
- Please specify the number of shares applied by each shareholder(s)
- Please specify the paid up share capital for each shareholder(s)
Step 3 - Submit application via any one of the following methods
- Email to [email protected]
- Tailor made company registration – 7 working days
- Shelf company registration – 2 working days
Our representative will contact you within one working day after we received the above information.
Annual Maintenance – Seychelles Company
To ensure that the Seychelles Company is in good standing, it must carry out below basic annual renewal work: -
1. Renewal of Annua License Renewal Fee
Each Seychelles company must arrange payment for its Annual License Renewal Fee based on below schedule:-
|Company anniversary date between||License renewal due date|
|January to March||November - 15th|
|April to June||February - 15th|
|July to September||May - 15th|
|October to December||August - 15th|
Consequences of Non-Compliance
If company failed to settle its annual license renewal fee on time, late penalties will apply with higher renewal fee and the company will be struck off by the local Registrar. A struck off company still bear its obligations, clients are highly recommended to arrange proper dissolution of the company should they decided not to retain the company.