Company Secretary Service

A limited company in Hong Kong must appoint a local Company Secretary Secretary to comply with the Hong Kong Companies Ordinance (Cap. 622). A professional corporate company secretary must obtain an approval license (TCSP license) from the Companies Registry in order to render such services to its clients. KernelBiz is a licensed TCSP licensee qualified in providing corporate services to its clients.

A Company Secretary must be either be: -

  • A natural person aged 18 or above, who ordinarily resides in Hong Kong; or
  • A body corporate with its registered place or a place of business in Hong Kong

KernelBiz is capable to act as Company Secretary for your Company to ensure the company’s Hong Kong statutory obligations are complied with.

Our basic Annual Company Secretary Service includes: -

  • To act the named Company Secretary for your Hong Kong limited company
  • Maintaining proper statutory records
  • Preparing and submission of Annual Return to the Hong Kong Companies Registry

Besides appointing a local Company Secretary, a Hong Kong company must also appoint a local Designated Representative (“DR”). The role of the Designated Representative is to provide assistance to the law enforcement officers for inspection of the company’s Significant Controller Register (SCR) upon request.

A company’s Designated Representativemust be one of the following: -

  • A member, director or an employee of the company who is a natural person residing in Hong Kong: or
  • An accounting professional, a legal professional or a Trust & Corporate Service Provider (TCSP) licensee as defined in the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing Ordinance, Cap. 615.

Our company will be able to act as a Designated Representative to comply with the relevant requirement.

For more information, guidance and support, or if you’d like to make use of our available Company Secretary service in Hong Kong, simply contact us via phone at (852) 2110-0018 or email us at [email protected].